Thursday 22 September 2011

Catch 22




As someone puts it on Wikipedia "Catch-22 is a satirical, historical novel by the American author Joseph Heller, first published in 1961. The novel, set during World War II in 1943, is frequently cited as one of the great literary works of the twentieth century. It has a distinctive non-chronological style where events are described from different characters' points of view and out of sequence so that the time line develops along with the plot."

And also notes that "Among other things, Catch-22 is a general critique of bureaucratic operation and reasoning"

You see I know all of the above but I just don't like it that much. I feel I am supposed to because it's said to be a great literary work but I just didn't enjoy it greatly. Catch 22, of a sort, I suppose.

No comments: